Still haven’t been drawing much, but I had to make a new case since my last 2 were broken beyond repair. For this season we have a pastel, drippy moon with some pearlescent pigment added (which doesn’t show up on camera too well).
So I received some phone cases I bought (off of ebay) for my Galaxy Note 3. My old glitter cases were boring and added a lot of unnecessary bulk to my already rather large phone. So I picked up a couple of plain ones. I decided to paint them since I didn’t want them to be too plain. Above are 2 of the finished cases. I’m personally in love with the palm leaves one, I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out. The pineapples are great too but I feel like the leaves have much more dimension than the pineapple portion.
I guess I’m just really good at painting leaves.
I sanded the cases and applied a matte medium as a base before painting them to really help the acrylic paint adhere, and then topped it off with a clear acrylic spray to seal everything.
Recently finished my old sketchbook, so I had to start a new one. As much as I enjoy the fact that this cover is much easier to draw all over compared to my last one, I must say that I absolutely hate this sketchbook. The paper is not to my liking plus the binding of the book started coming apart after the first few uses. Now to be fair maybe I’m too aggressive with my sketchbooks but I think it’s because there was no ribbon or any extra support for the binding with this. Maybe I’ll add some to prevent it from falling apart but not a good move Picadilly.
Aside from hating the sketchbook, the pretty palm leaves and pineapples were both done in some metallic markers. I like the markers.