Strawberry Lemonade

One summer drink before summer ends! I’m honestly just counting down the days until fall. I’ve never been a big fan of the heat, and this summer was quite bad, so I’ll be happy when it cools down.

Copic Markers, Kuretake Brush Pens, Pilot G Tec Pen in multiple colours, White Gel Pen, Pencil.

Advertisements

Washi Tape

20180706_124249-01

I saw this done by an artist on Instagram, and I wanted to try it.

I ordered some really pretty washi tapes from eBay, and went to town, the one above is my third attempt, and I think it looks the best so far, the two below are my first two attempts.

I love this method for adding patterns, like what you’d find on clothing. I have yet to do
a final looking piece to see how it would all look finished, but with these test runs, I’d say I have a pretty good chance of a really nice effect.

I used the Slice knife to help me cut the tape into the right shapes. I did find the ballpoint pen I used did not write well over the tape, so I’m curious to see how my acrylic ink would work over it.

Don’t be surprised if you see more patterned washi tape in my pieces, it’s really easy to work with.

Washi Tape, Ballpoint Pen.

Day 24

IMG_20171024_212344

My heart wasn’t really in it today. She did turn out okay considering I used not watercolour appropriate paper.

Kuretake Brush Pens, White Gel Pen, FW Ink, and 0.5 mm Micron Pen

Day 5 Jack-O-Lantern

IMG_20171005_175351

… only he’s a turnip. So technically a turnip-o-lantern for Day 5. I also needed some colour, since everything done solely in black and white today came out terribly or I managed to wreck.

Brush, FW Acrylic Ink, Dr. P.H. Martn’s Bombay India Inks.

Phone Cases

So I received some phone cases I bought (off of ebay) for my Galaxy Note 3. My old glitter cases were boring and added a lot of unnecessary bulk to my already rather large phone. So I picked up a couple of plain ones. I decided to paint them since I didn’t want them to be too plain. Above are 2 of the finished cases. I’m personally in love with the palm leaves one, I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out. The pineapples are great too but I feel like the leaves have much more dimension than the pineapple portion.

I guess I’m just really good at painting leaves.

I sanded the cases and applied a matte medium as a base before painting them to really help the acrylic paint adhere, and then topped it off with a clear acrylic spray to seal everything.

Bonus WIP below:

img_20170212_180355
WIP